Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You know sometimes how

you have back problems, and knee problems, and boss problems, and husband problems, and money problems, and coworker problems, and car problems, and you just feel completely drained and it's hard to imagine doing anything? Much less really wanting to do anything?

That's about where I've been lately, and thus, silent/absent here. Which is really too bad, because I had a fantastic conversation with Tami, there was all kinds of increased traffic to the blog and good conversations were developing, and then I went into overwhelmed mode and let all of the momentum go momentum-ing away.

But I have been reading, and thinking, and so I'm planning a comeback of sorts...

In the meantime, here's some of the best stuff I've read during the last little while:

Oh, and then there was an absolutely terrific documentary on PBS about a girl (now a woman) who was adopted from Guatemala after her parents die in a mass execution. Very little, unfortunately, is said about the adoption experience itself, but the film is amazing in capturing the difficulty of trying to knit two different worlds together. And beyond all that, it's an extraordinary story. Learn more here.

More soon, I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment