Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tami and I talked hair and it was fabulous

We had a terrific and enlightening conversation. Do listen using the player in the sidebar or by going to the show page.

Among the resources Tami mentioned on the show:

websites:
nappturality.com
youtube.com for how-to videos on natural hairstyles

books:
Curly Girl
Good Hair for Colored Girls Who've Considered Weaves When the Chemicals Became Too Rough Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America
Tenderheaded: A Comb-Bending Collection of Hair Stories

Tami's post on her hair story:
http://whattamisaid.blogspot.com/2007/09/nappy-love-or-how-i-learned-to-stop.html

Tami's "Dispatches from Nappyville":
http://whattamisaid.blogspot.com/search?q=dispatches+from

If you know of other helpful resources, please share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Tami, and you, my friend, are doing good here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just spent the last couple of days reading your entire blog. I agree you are doing good here! I am a mom of 4 boys, last 3 are adopted, last 2 are AA. I've muddled my way through searching for resources and feeling like my whole parenting career is being judged by my son's hair and skincare. It so hard to ask for help and fear offending someone and I so appreciate someone who will just tell me the way it is and know that I am just trying to help my boys grow and still be connected to where they came from. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete